Wednesday 29 March 2017

Rail trail

I was cooking like a sunday roast it was super hot, sweat trickled down my forehead. When we got to lake Forthsythe I was amazed and could not stop looking at the amazing view, it was like a painting, the sun was glittering of the lake  like a disco ball (but… the lake was extremely toxic) and the mountains looked like a patchwork quilt from far away. I chose to be in one of the back groups, if I had chosen to be in one of the front groups, ohh boy, my legs would be on FIRE! .

As the cars went roaring past i could just hear the faint voices of the people ahead “i will catch up to them”,  i thought. We crossed over cattle stop bridges, smooth ones that went across lakes, and just… all sorts of bridges. It was also a bit of a bumpy ride that’s because we were riding on a gravel path. Bikes were speeding past, we could hear the drink bottle holders rattling around.

After lunch we had our final stretch which was 8kms. I was nearly giving up but then the positive part of my brain kicked in and then i got this big boost of energy and then i said to myself “don’t give up Lilly you can do it, you are almost there”, and somehow that managed to get me to the end.

Overall it was a tiring day but i pushed myself to the end , crossed the final bridge “Yay, i am so proud of myself for completing the rail trail!”, i cheered i was overjoyed i had just done 23km, that was from little river to motukarara. maybe … just maybe i will do it again.




No comments:

Post a Comment