Thursday 16 March 2017

Vivid memories - Mums & Dads

My sister and I loved playing mums and dads. It all started 6 years ago when Ruby - (my sister) was finally old enough to play with me. The sun was shining birds were chirping it was a beautiful day, me and Ruby decided to go for a picnic in our front yard. We ran to our rooms grabbed our supplies such as baby dolls, clothes and picnic stuff.
We would charge outside and lay down on the soft grass that lay beneath us. We then laid out a picnic blanket and playdough cakes and cookies. After our meal we would lay down on the grass and giggle and giggle.
It was always fun until someone would shout
“Hey!, you are always the mum!”
“Am not,”
“Are too!,”
“Am not,”
“Are too!!!”
This would go on until Ruby or I , (usually it was me who said this) would say, “fine you can be the mum next time, ok”
“Yes”. That would then make us quietly get back to the game. Most of all we absolutely loved throwing surprise parties for mum, it was a very difficult process but when we finished it looked great!, we would have plastic cups and plates, balloons (although we always seemed to blow them up but then they went flying across the room), it took me a while to realize that we were supposed to tie them up, but i just couldn’t quite get there, we would also put ribbon on the chairs and playdough cakes and cookies, most of the “food” we would make was made out of ether lego or playdough.
I adored playing mums and dads with my little sister Ruby.

No comments:

Post a Comment